More than 200 ULI members, colleagues and family turned out to celebrate exemplary people and projects in land use at the inaugural ULI Triangle J.W. Willie York Awards on September 25, 2014 at the North Carolina Museum of Art.
The York Awards are given to those individuals and companies who have made outstanding contributions to the creation and continued vitality of thriving communities in the Triangle Region. Those contributions can take the form of real estate development, professional services, nonprofit work or public service as reflected in the responsible use of land. Special emphasis is placed on contributions that benefited from the relationships, programs and sharing of best practices through the Urban Land Institute.
Congratulations all our winners and finalists!
Community Builder Honoree:
- American Underground (Capitol Broadcasting Corporation, Belk Architecture, Crenshaw)
- Green Square Parking Deck (NC Department of Administration, Clark Nexsen, Kimley-Horn & Associates)
- 140 West Franklin (Ram Development Company, Cline Design & Associates, John Moriarty & Associates Southeast)
- East 54 (East West Partners Management Co., Dishner Moore Architects, McAdams)
The evening ended with a fast-paced and entertaining selection of the “Big Idea” winner, which highlighted innovative ideas with the potential to significantly improve the quality of the built environment and the experience of the people who live in the Triangle region.
“Big Idea” Winner:
Walk [Your City], Matt Tomasulo
- Cityzen, Jay Dawkins
- Timber Hollow Affordable Housing, Michael Eubanks