Get Involved with ULI Triangle
ULI members are leaders who are committed to growing new ideas and improving their communities. Whether you wish to be involved at the local or national level, ULI has the right opportunity for you.
There are many ways that you can become involved with ULI Triangle. Whether it’s coordinating or moderating an event, joining our membership, becoming part of a committee, or providing feedback to us on how we can serve the industry and regional communities more effectively, we would welcome your involvement.
Completely new to ULI Triangle? Take the opportunity to join us and attend our next event to get a feel for the organization. Take a moment to browse the various programs we offer that are featured throughout this section.
As a member-based organization, none of our work would be possible without the support of our volunteer committees. Our committees are composed of ULI members active in the field of land use and real estate and are chaired by dedicated ULI leaders that have been appointed by staff and our board.
The Urban Land Institute’s Triangle District Council is committed to advancing ULI’s mission to provide leadership in the responsible use of land and in creating and sustaining thriving communities worldwide. ULI Triangle is the leading multidisciplinary real estate organization in the region for expanding your network and increasing your industry knowledge.
A key objective of ULI Triangle is to increase diversity and inclusion in our organization and in the real estate and land use industries. We believe diversifying our membership, raising the profile of our diverse members, and welcoming their different perspectives allows us to better fulfill ULI’s mission of creating and sustaining thriving, resilient, and equitable communities.
Expectations of Committee Members
- Lead or support at least one committee program or project as a sub-committee member
- Be an active contributor to the committee (e.g. active participation in committee meetings, reviewing meeting minutes, completing assigned action items within set deadlines, etc.)
- Be proactive in identifying goals, objectives, and ideas to drive the organization’s membership and growth
- Support ULI Triangle’s programs (e.g. attend major programs, webinars, invite industry contacts to participate, volunteer as a mentor, etc.)
- Be familiar with the products and services provided by ULI and publicly promote them
- Attend 75 percent of committee meetings per year – your participation is critical to the operations of the committee and ULI Triangle overall
- Be a ULI member in good standing
- Serve a minimum two-year term, which may be renewed