POSITION TITLE: Manager
DEPARTMENT: District Councils
LOCATION: Raleigh, North Carolina
REPORTS TO: Executive Director Triangle, NC
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
POSITION STATUS: Full-time
DATE OF REVISION: April 2019
The Manager will provide event planning, operational support, and communications services for the Triangle District Council of ULI.
- Manage and execute the meeting planning and production tasks necessary to ensure that member-produced events for the district council and its defined subgroups and committees are delivered in a professional manner.
- Work as an integral member of a team to develop programming and initiatives that further the mission of ULI and the Triangle District Council.
- Review marketing materials for event notices and produce and disseminate such e-blasts as may be necessary to ensure that the events are sufficiently advertised to attract anticipated attendance.
- Manage member and prospect databases, including but not limited to trade associations’ and related professional organizations’ rosters and distribution lists for event outreach.
- Help guide the programming aspects of the events by working with district council and its defined subgroups and committees to identify speakers and make every effort to align the content with the program of work of ULI Triangle.
- Directly handle administrative aspects for all events such as badge and registry preparation, compile speakers’ bios, prepare handouts, copy materials, and handle on-site staffing or manage other staff or third-party contractors if applicable.
- Provide staff support to the district council and its defined subgroups and committees to ensure coordination with Triangle District Council priorities and activities.
- Help identify funding opportunities through corporate sponsorships, grants, and fundraising events to support the programs of the district council generally, and specifically to support its defined subgroups and committees.
- Maintain content related to the district council and its defined subgroups and committees and coordinate with other staff resources to ensure that the Triangle District Council’s website is current.
- Provide staff support to the UrbanPlan Committee.
- Develop and maintain relationships with local nonprofit organizations, public agencies, community leaders, and other related professionals and advocates whose mission and activities are consistent with and supportive of the ULI mission in the Triangle.
- Understand the Triangle District Council’s strategic plan as well as the program of work and tie them to ULI’s overall goals.
- Perform other operational duties and manage projects, as required.
- Direct third-party contractors or vendors that may be hired to assist with administrative functions or event logistics.
- 4 to 7 years of related experience. Prior experience in events management desired.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Fluent/proficient computer skills and strong aptitude with computer software for
applications in word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint, website, and managing document flow.
- Professional oral and written communication and interpersonal skills to work with senior business and public-sector executives.
- Self-motivated, demonstrating meticulous attention to both detail and deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate tasks; assume responsibility for them; work with minimal supervision in a high-production position; prioritize tasks; handle multiple tasks concurrently and completely, with responsible follow-through; and meticulous attention to detail.
- Adaptability and ability to provide courteous customer service.
- Interest in local real estate market dynamics and land use a plus; and
- Ability to travel to ULI events (in the early morning or evening, with limited overnight stays) throughout the region and the continental United States.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Coursework in urban planning, public administration, urban
policy, real estate development, economics, or comparable fields preferred.
To apply, please click here. Please submit a résumé and a letter of interest.
EOE/m/f/d/v. No relocation reimbursement is offered at this time.