Women’s Leadership Initiative
Our Women’s Leadership Initiative is Celebrating 10 Years!
Mission of WLI
The mission of the Women’s Leadership Initiative (WLI) is to promote the advancement of women in real estate, increase the number of women who serve in leadership positions and the visibility of women leaders within and outside of ULI, increase the number of women who are active ULI Full members, and support the development of young women members as leaders in ULI and in their professions.
The Triangle WLI is part of a global ULI network promoting the advancement of women in real estate and development.
- Promote the advancement of women, throughout their careers, as leaders in the real estate industry.
- Increase the number of women who serve in leadership positions in the real estate industry and in ULI.
- Increase the visibility of women leaders in the real estate industry and in ULI.
- Increase the number of women who are active ULI Full members, and support the development of young women members as leaders in ULI and in their professions.
What We Do:
In the Triangle, the WLI Steering Committee organizes and hosts
- Leadership Conversations with local female real estate leaders
- Project Tours and Programs
- Networking events
- Mentorship program
WLI Mentorship Program: New Session Starting-March 2023
The mentorship program is designed to connect ULI Triangle Women with established real estate and land use professionals, providing the opportunity to get to know the future women leaders in the industry. This program aims to provide opportunities for both participants and mentors to grow by sharing their knowledge and experiences in an atmosphere of confidentiality, trust, and respect.
The Chair of the WLI is responsible for representing the interests of WLI and advancing the mission of ULI within the WLI platform of activities. The Chair participates on the District Council Leadership Committee while supporting and celebrating the efforts of the various WLI committees.
2022 ULI Triangle WLI Steering Committee Chairs:
Dawn Polin – Chair
Laura Solie – Vice Chair