Formally launched in June 2013, the mission of the Women’s Leadership Initiative (WLI) is to promote the advancement of women in real estate, increase the number of women who serve in leadership positions and the visibility of women leaders within and outside of ULI, increase the number of women who are active ULI Full members, and support the development of young women members as leaders in ULI and in their professions.
The Triangle WLI is part of a global ULI network promoting the advancement of women in real estate and development.
- Promote the advancement of women, throughout their careers, as leaders in the real estate industry.
- Increase the number of women who serve in leadership positions in the real estate industry and in ULI.
- Increase the visibility of women leaders in the real estate industry and in ULI.
- Increase the number of women who are active ULI Full members, and support the development of young women members as leaders in ULI and in their professions.
What We Do:
In the Triangle, the WLI Steering Committee organizes and hosts
- Leadership Conversations with local female real estate leaders
- Project Tours and Programs
- Networking events
- Mentorship program
The Co-Chairs of the WLI are responsible for representing the interests of WLI and advancing the mission of ULI within the WLI platform of activities. The Chairs participate on the District Council Management Committee and support and celebrate the efforts of the various WLI committees.
Laura Solie is President of Quinn Partners, a real estate investment firm focusing on redevelopment and property management in Durham, NC. Laura founded the company over five years ago, and has led its growth ever since. Laura graduated in 2014 with an MBA in Real Estate from the Kenan-Flagler Business School at the University of North Carolina. Prior to business school, Laura spent five years working in the education, finance, and technology sectors. Laura completed her undergraduate degree in Economics in 2007 from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania
2019-2020 ULI Triangle WLI Steering Committee:
Laura Solie (Co-Chair)
Susana Dancy (Co-Chair)