Women’s Leadership Initiative
The Women’s Leadership Initiative (the “WLI”) was formally launched in Charlotte at the ULI 2012 Spring Meeting. District Councils within ULI are now developing and implementing local chapters of the WLI. ULI Triangle formally launched the Triangle Women’s Leadership Initiative with a well-attended luncheon on June 25, 2013.
The mission of the WLI is expressed in its four primary objectives:
- Promote the advancement of women, throughout their careers, as leaders in the real estate industry.
- Increase the number of women who serve in leadership positions in the real estate industry and in ULI.
- Increase the visibility of women leaders in the real estate industry and in ULI.
- Increase the number of women who are active ULI Full members, and support the development of young women members as leaders in ULI and in their professions.
The Triangle District Council added the additional objective:
- Make the business case for women leadership in both ULI and the real estate industry.
ULI Triangle WLI Steering Committee Members
Cari Jones, Cline Design
Jamie Schwedler, Parker Poe
Heather Denny, McDonald York Building Company
Patricia R. Healy, Hyde Street Holdings
Cara Permar, Beacon Street Development Company
Wanona Satcher, iDrive Change, LLC
Nellie Shipley, Womble Carlyle
Cindy Szwarckop, STEWART Inc.