Women’s Leadership Initiative
The Women’s Leadership Initiative (the “WLI”) was formally launched in Charlotte at the ULI 2012 Spring Meeting. District Councils within ULI are now developing and implementing local chapters of the WLI. ULI Triangle formally launched the Triangle Women’s Leadership Initiative with a well-attended luncheon on June 25, 2013.
The mission of the WLI is expressed in its four primary objectives:
- Promote the advancement of women, throughout their careers, as leaders in the real estate industry.
- Increase the number of women who serve in leadership positions in the real estate industry and in ULI.
- Increase the visibility of women leaders in the real estate industry and in ULI.
- Increase the number of women who are active ULI Full members, and support the development of young women members as leaders in ULI and in their professions.
The Triangle District Council added two additional objectives:
- Make the business case for women leadership in both ULI and the real estate industry.
Stayed tuned for more WLI gatherings in August and October. If you would like to get more involved in the creation of ULI Triangle’s WLI, please contact the WLI Steering Committee Co-Chairs Linnie Causey and Cari Jones.
ULI Triangle WLI Steering Committee Members
Co-Chairs Linnie Causey, Morris, Manning & Martin Cari Jones, Cline Design Steering Committee Deb Boucher, Cassidy Turley Heather Denny, McDonald York Building Company Patricia R Healy, Hyde Street Holdings Erica S. Henning, SunTrust Bank Cara Permar, Highwoods Properties Wanona Satcher, City of Durham Jamie Schwedler, Parker Poe Nellie Shipley, Womble Carlyle Cindy Szwarckop, STEWART Inc.